Manager of Customer Acquisition
Helix is an innovative direct-to-consumer brand aiming to change the way people sleep by bringing customization to the sleep category through individually personalized, custom-made mattresses shipped directly to your doorstep. Each mattress is designed to fit the way you sleep, based on your body type, sleeping position, and mattress preferences. As a brand, we recognize and celebrate each individual. Our products use high quality materials and are 100% US made. We offer free shipping, 100-night sleep trial, and are priced 1/3 of traditional retail.
Since launching in August 2015, we've raised a Series A round, grown the team, moved into an amazing new office space, and sold tens of thousands of mattresses with over 250 million hours slept on our beds. If you're passionate about sleep, looking for a fast-paced environment where your work has a direct impact on our success, and excited about joining a highly motivated team with a profound sense of humor, we'd love to hear from you.
With sleep top of mind for consumers as a key part of living a healthy lifestyle, it’s more important than ever to educate and build a relationship with consumers to guide them to the best sleep of their lives. In doing so, Helix has built a world class customer acquisition function within the marketing team to identify, build, execute, and analyze channels that effectively get the word out about how personalized sleep is better sleep. To help continue in these efforts, we’re looking to bring on a Manager of Customer Acquisition who will play a key role in managing multiple marketing channels with a strong focus on our email marketing platform, direct partnerships, and data/analytics needs.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Full management of our email marketing platform
- Sourcing and vetting new partnership and marketing opportunities
- Working directly with our outside marketing partners and agencies
- Data/Performance analytics and insights
Background and Experience:
- 3-5+ years in a digital focused marketing role with a focus on direct response
- Experience managing at least 1 platform such as email (i.e. MailChimp), DSP (i.e. MediaMath), or Social (i.e. Facebook)
- Robust experience in the planning, management, and execution of digital buys with publishers and ad tech partners
- Strong knowledge of the overall marketing landscape with a focus on digital.
- Strong excel proficiency with a love for storytelling through data. Ability to manipulate raw data through advanced excel formulas, pivots, and graphs
- Willingness to dive into and own complex platforms, pull levers, and build programs from the ground up. Must love using and owning marketing automation platforms
- Experience and love for audience segmentation and personalization
- Ability to generate and present new and innovative opportunities outside of industry trends and norms. Thinking and acting outside the box will be critical
- Strong communication skills. Ability to dive deep into the data and then share relevant insights and findings to the broader team.
- Creative thinker with the ability to concept and work closely with the brand and design team
- Motivated self-starter with hunger to independently drive projects forward
- Superb communication skills and patience with others
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Management of an email sending platform such as MailChimp, Bronto, Sendgrid, etc.
- Ability to write SQL queries and navigate complex datasets
- Experience working with product management and design teams cross functionally
- A free personalized Helix Sleep mattress
- Free coffee, snacks and weekly team lunches
- Regular outings and milestone celebrations
- Exciting start up environment and opportunity to wear many hats and grow professionally
- Generous vacation policy
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare coverage (including medical, dental and vision)
- Stock Options