Helix is looking for a Designer to join our growing team. This designer would join our fast paced, creative, innovative start-up. This role reports directly to the Design Director, and working the team's other Designer. This role will also have the chance to work with the Marketing, Operations, Digital Product, Physical Product, Engineering teams as well and Helix Founders on a project-by-project basis.
This designer would be involved in a wide range of creative projects; emails, digital banners, social assets, packaging, in-box materials, print collateral, out-of-home material, web, web optimization tests, landing page development, acquisition content creation, etc.
- BFA/BA in design.
- 2-4 years design related work experience.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- A stellar portfolio that demonstrates creative range and conceptual thinking.
- Strong ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas.
- Ability to multitask, work quickly under pressure and work well with multiple types of team members.
- Highly organized and detailed, including clean internal file management.
- An eye for current aesthetics and trends.
- Ability to apply and maintain a brand’s style guide.
- Understand file preparation and exporting for print and digital files.
- Developing skills in responsive design, typography and layout, and an understanding of website structure.
- Understand the importance of web optimization and have have interest in web testing.
- Strives for visual perfection.
- Experience working at an e-commerce company.
- Understanding of programming languages like HTML and CSS.
- UX experience; wireframing, thinking through user-flows, user testing.
- Interest in video and photoshoot process from pre- to post-production.
- First hand experience in video editing, 2D and/or 3D motion graphics.
- Experience retouching and color correcting photography.
- Interest in iconography, illustration work, and information design/infographics.
- Experience using design programs Sketch, Hype, and/or Invision.
- Experience using project management tools like Jira, Asana, and/or Trello.