Helix is an innovative direct-to-consumer sleep brand aiming to change the way people sleep by bringing customization to the sleep category through individually personalized, custom-made mattresses for you, based on how you sleep. Each mattress is designed to your body type, sleeping position, and mattress preferences using our proprietary sleep technology. We embrace individuality and look to celebrate the power of personal differences, rejecting the notion that one mattress (like anything else in life) can possibly be best for everyone, or even most. Sleep is not one-size fits all. Our sleep products use the highest quality materials and are 100% US made. We offer free shipping directly to your doorstep, a 100-night sleep trial, and we are priced at 1/3 of traditional retail.
Since launching in August of 2015, the company has sold tens of thousands of mattresses and has over 100 million hours slept on our beds. Helix is Series A funded and headquartered in New York City. Learn more at www.helixsleep.com.
As Operations Manager, you'll help ensure Helix products are delivered on time and at the right quality, while being internally processed profitability and optimized for the best customer experience. We seek a candidate who feels comfortable with the operative and analytic side of operations.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Own, design, and implement operational processes to better facilitate product transactions between our network of Qualified Manufacturing Partners and internal systems – optimizing for customer experience and profitability
- Develop operational dashboards and metrics to create more reporting and transparency into supply chain and operations
- Analyze supply chain spend and opportunities to streamline costs and improve customer experience
- Provide leadership of financial accountability of audit, payment and claims standards for Qualified Manufacturing Partners
- Build/maintain effective relationships with CX, accounting, IT, and marketing teams to implement an efficient operations process
- Set supply chain targets and communicate business results and KPIs to management team
- Manage junior operations associates
What we are looking for:
- A penchant for ownership - taking responsibility for a project from end to end
- Enthusiasm for ambiguity - willing to work on a project that isn’t clearly defined
- A great sense of humor, a passion for a great night’s sleep (or nap)
- Strong team builder and coach with history of working with sourcing and developing vendor relationships.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of operational KPIs, financial data, and planning.
- Ability to translate detailed data and observations into fact-based performance enhancing recommendations and effectively present to and gain buy in from management.
- Ability to partner cross functionally to achieve business goals and results.
- Proven success using metrics, productivity tracking and data collection systems to drive continuous performance improvement.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, change oriented environment.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Customer focused – internal and external
Background and Experience:
- 3-5 years management consulting, investment banking, supply chain, logistics, or operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree / certification
- Strong analytical skillsets using Excel (required) and SQL (preferred)
- Working experience with key industry providers of operations, fulfillment, and transportation preferred
- Experience at a high growth company preferred, but not required
- Project management experience
- A free personalized Helix Sleep mattress
- Free coffee, snacks and weekly team lunches
- Quarterly outings and milestone celebrations
- Exciting start up environment and opportunity to wear many hats and grow professionally
- “Personalize Your Perks” program to allow you to pick your perks
- Generous vacation policy
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare coverage (including medical, dental and vision)
- Stock Options