Director of Supply Chain
Helix is an innovative direct-to-consumer sleep brand aiming to change the way people sleep by bringing customization to the sleep category through individually personalized, custom-made mattresses for you, based on how you sleep. Each mattress is designed to your body type, sleeping position, and mattress preferences using our proprietary sleep technology.We embrace individuality and look to celebrate the power of personal differences,rejecting the notion that one mattress (like anything else in life) can possibly be best for everyone, or even most. Sleep is not one-size fits all. Our sleep products use the highest quality materials and are 100% US made. We offer free shipping directly to your doorstep, a 100-night sleep trial, and we are priced at 1/3 of traditional retail. Our top-rated customer experience team treats you like a person, not a commission. Since launching in August of 2015, the company has sold tens of thousands of mattresses and has over 40 million hours slept on our beds. Helix is Series A funded and headquartered in New York City. Learn more at www.helixsleep.com.
As Director of Supply Chain, you’ll contribute to the growth and success of Helix Sleep by providing leadership, vendor management, supply chain, sourcing and logistics expertise and relationship management across our network of Qualified Manufacturing Partners. We seek a candidate who can think strategically about optimizing a supply chain that enables us to provide individually-customized products cost-effectively, on-time, and at high quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement supply chain strategies, processes, and programs across fulfillment and transportation to drive maximum quality, service and efficiency while achieving the lowest cost of operation.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with supply chain partners.
- Analyze and manage supply chain spend to continually find opportunities to optimize and reduce costs and improve service.
- Provide leadership of financial and operating metrics for third party suppliers and accountability for distribution audit, payment and freight claims standards for multi distribution sites.
- Develop and manage quality program at key points of the supply chain.
- Create management systems recommendations and standards to support supply chain.
- Build/maintain effective relationships with merchandising, finance, IT to implement an integrated supply chain.
- Set targets and communicate business results and KPIs.
- Work with all stakeholders to continuously improve performance through linking systems and people across the value chain.
Background and Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years supply chain, vendor management, or operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree / certification in supply chain management preferred
- Experience in sourcing, transportation, logistics and distribution at a consumer goods / retail company preferred
- Working experience with key industry providers of fulfillment and transportation
- Experience at a high growth company preferred
- Vendor selection and vendor management experience
- Project management experience
- Customer centric / customer focused – internal and externally
- Warehouse and transportation management systems
What we are looking for:
- A penchant for ownership - taking responsibility for a project from end to end
- Enthusiasm for ambiguity - willing to work on a project that isn’t clearly defined
- A great sense of humor, a passion for a great night’s sleep (or nap)
- Strong team builder and coach with history of working with sourcing and developing vendor relationships.
- Comprehensive understanding of key supply chain processes including sourcing, transportation, logistics, and quality management.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of operational KPIs, financial data, and planning.
- Ability to translate detailed data and observations into fact-based performance enhancing recommendations and effectively present to and gain buy in from management.
- Ability to partner cross functionally to achieve business goals and results.
- Proven success using metrics, productivity tracking and data collection systems to drive continuous performance improvement.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, change oriented environment.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A free personalized Helix Sleep mattress
- Free coffee, snacks and weekly team lunches
- Quarterly outings and milestone celebrations
- Exciting start up environment and opportunity to wear many hats and grow professionally
- “Personalize Your Perks” program to allow you to pick your perks
- Generous vacation policy
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare coverage (including medical, dental and vision)
- Stock Options